WORDS FROM THE LIBRARIAN
The Cross River Institute of Technology and Management (CR-ITM) Library was established in 2014 out of the desire of the state government to bring about technical teaching as a means of bridging the unemployed gap in the state and Nigeria at large. The CR-ITM Library is a prestigious resource center and strategically located in school campus, which is the hub of educational activities. Given our trajectory in the educational space, I am excited to remark that our goal is to leapfrog research, teaching, learning and innovation to solve human and community challenges by ensuring that our ecosystem are effectively and efficiently utilized for greater impact. Mindful of this goal, we will not only catch up with the demands of the 21st century but also set the pace for centuries to come.
The vision of the library is derived from its parent institution, the Cross River Institute of Technology and Management, Ugep. It exists to provide books, non-book/electronic resources and services which are invaluable in extending and supporting the institute’s programmes of teaching, learning and research.
The CR-ITM Library is committed to providing quality library and Information services to support and enhance teaching, learning, research and creative work of the Institution.
To achieve the above objectives, The Library strives to:
- collect and organize materials and facilitate access to them
- employ state-of-the-art techniques and methods in information delivery
- educate readers to become skilled in locating information
- develop professionally competent and highly informed staff
- play an active and innovative role in the development of the CR-ITM
The CR-ITM Library has a total floor area of 500 square feet. The library was built to assist students, lecturers, and staff of the institution with research, assignment, project etc. it also provides adequate facilities for the preservation of knowledge. It now has a stock of over thousands of bounded volumes and subscribes to journal titles. The collection is classified and arranged in accordance with the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Some of which includes:
- Books on the open shelves- Includes a vast array of materials waiting on the open shelves. Use these materials to supplement your required reading and to write papers and assignments
- Reference Books– Including dictionaries and encyclopedias , handbooks, maps etc. all available in the REFERENCE shelf
- Periodicals– Magazines and journals on the shelves to complement the electronic resources available .Journals are located in the SERIAL section.
Hours of opening 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Thursday
8.00am – 3.00pm Friday
Endurance O. Emumejakpor (CLN)